Class 4 MOT in York with Gladstone Garage
Gladstone Garage can carry out the MOT test in York on your vehicle BOOK YOUR MOT TEST NOW ONLINE. Just pick the date and time that suits you best, enter a few details and then turn up. You can even request that we send you MOT reminders for next year so that you don’t forget your MOT and risk a £1,000 fine. Choose us for all your future MOTs in York, you will not be disappointed.
When your vehicle reaches it’s 3rd birthday is required by law to have an MOT test. This is an annual safety check to ensure the vehicle meets the minimum standards for safety and road worthiness.
At Gladstone garage in York we pride ourselves in customer satiation as well as offering quality services. We offer MOT testing for our customers in York and the surrounding areas. Come to us in York and make us your number one for all your MOT needs.
To avoid your vehicle failing for cheap and easily fixable reasons it is always a good idea to perform a few simple Pre MOT Checks.
The MOT Test includes checks on the following (this list is not exhaustive):
- Lighting and Signalling Equipment including
- Daytime running lamps Front fog lamps
- Reversing lamps
- Front fog lamps
- Steering (including suspension)
- Brakes and additional braking device performance
- Tyres and Road Wheels
- Body, Structure and General Items
- Exhaust, Fuel and Emissions
- Drivers View of the Road
- Noise suppression material
- Undertray security
- Emission control equipment
- Engine malfunction indicator lamp
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF) tampering
- Fluid leaks - engine, transmission and so on
If we find any faults they will have the following designations:
- Dangerous: This is a Fail as it has a direct and immediate risk to road safety or has a serious impact on the environment. THE VEHICLE MUST NOT BE DRIVEN UNTIL IT HAS BEEN REPAIRED.
- Major: This is a Fail as It may affect the vehicle’s safety, put other road users at risk or have an impact on the environment. REPAIR IT IMMEDIATELY.
- Minor: This is a Pass. It has no significant effect on the safety of the vehicle or impact on the environment. REPAIR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- Advisory: This is a Pass, but it could become more serious in the future. MONITOR AND REPAIR IF NECESSARY.
If you have any questions about the MOT in York then please call Gladstone Garage on 01904 610101 or complete our contact form.